10 Questions for Peer Wörpel
In our format “Oberwasser,” we take the time to engage with decision-makers and specialists in the communication industry, gaining thought-provoking insights. Oberwasser delivers substantial insights into the business and the industry from those who know it best, like Peer Wörpel.
- Name: Peer Wörpel
- Job / Company: Creative Agency Partner, Meta
- My Corona skill (things I learned during Corona): Built up video conference skills. Routines are important, and I row every day now.
- On which platform were you most active during the lockdown, and what content did you consume on it?
Facebook & IG for news, video calls, memes, and all the things I love.
- How do you manage to stay professionally and personally connected despite the distance?
Many video calls and writing in groups/individual chats. Private meetings are slowly returning.
- Since Corona, no day has been the same, and decisions made yesterday may not matter today. How do you motivate yourself daily?
Lots of exchange with different people. Daily inspiration by others.
- How will the Corona crisis influence your work environment long term?
Less travel, more digital conferences/webinars/workshops.
- Do you think Germany needed Corona to advance digital transformation?
No one needs something like Corona. It’s one of the few positive aspects.
- Who is your “hidden champion” in the Corona crisis?
Small entrepreneurs who quickly sell via WhatsApp/FB/Instagram, etc.
- Is Corona still a dominant topic for you, or are issues like #blacklivesmatters, Trump, or the next vacation more important?
The dominating theme is a better world based upon facts. I hope that is what we can learn from Corona.
- Do you think Corona has made you and all of us more critical?
I have remained just as critical as before. 😉 More is almost impossible.
- Do you believe brands/companies should react to these issues now, or is it better to ignore them?
Brands and companies should act even more user-centric and sustainably.
- Your tip to stay afloat during Corona
People and memes.